20+ Best Bets To Make With Friends – Unique & Fun Bet Ideas!
At some point in time, you and your friends will want to try your luck and all place a wager on something.
There’s just some strange feeling of comradery when you and a bunch of buddies all decide to place a bet on something.
Now, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel here either or come up with something dangerous.
In fact, there are plenty of good and fun bets you can make with friends that are sure to make your next hangout a memorable and exciting one.
Let’s get to the bets!
Good Bets To Make With Friends
These friendly bet ideas are going to cover some of the classics; you know, the stuff dudes have been betting on pretty much since the dawn of time!
1. Physical Challenge Bets
This is definitely one of the most classic manly bets to make with friends, and in my experience, it’s also a ton of fun.
My friends and I back home have been making these sorts of bets ever since we were kids.
From seeing who could ride their bike down the street fastest when we were in elementary school to betting on who could squat the most when we reached high school.
There’s just something primal and fun about physical contests and bets, and that’s why this has to be number one on our list.
Anyway, some examples of bets to make with friends that involve fitness include:
- Over or under on someone doing a certain number of pull ups
- Running a mile in a certain amount of time
- Clearing a jump on your bike
- Doing a certain number of push ups
- Holding a plank for a certain amount of time
- Completing a certain lift at the gym with a certain amount of weight
I like these bets because they’re simple and also encourage you to get better.
I mean, losing a physical bet stings, but it’s great motivation to keep working on your fitness!
2. Sports Bets
This is another classic category of bets to make with friends, and it’s something you might already do anyway.
There’s also endless types of sports bets you can make, from simply picking the winner of the match to actually making predictions on things like final score and which players get points.
I think the best way to make sports bets with friends is to all gather together for a game night, make some food, and place your bets before the game starts.
Then, as you all watch, you can each cheer for your respective players and teams with hopes to make some money!
My friends and I do this with UFC sometimes, and it’s honestly a lot of fun to bet on each match in the card while eating some nachos and hanging out.
3. Bet On Other People
This is another one of my favorites, but it’s also very simple.
When you and a bunch of friends are together and start talking about someone you all know, you can probably find a way to bet on that person.
Here’s a few examples of some bets I’ve seen people make:
- Betting on if someone will show up to work or not the next day after a night out
- Betting on if someone will stay in their relationship or not
- Betting on if someone will pick up the phone or not
- Betting on if someone will bail last minute or not on plans for the night
You get the idea; simple, but effective bet ideas!
4. Food-Based Bets
Ah, another classic category of fun bets to make with friends: food-based challenges.
We all have that friend who claims they can eat the most, or handle the most spice, or drink the most beer.
Well, if you’re still wondering what are good bets to make with friends, you can always wager on if this friend in question can deliver on what they preach.
So, have all of your friends bet for or against your friend, and have a food challenge to see if they can walk the walk!
5. Getting The Number
This is another classic type of bet you can make with friends, and it’s also a lot of fun since it encourages you to get out of your shell.
If you’ve ever wanted to get someone’s number but can’t work up the nerve to ask, you’ve probably sat around and talked tactics with your friends about how to initiate the conversation.
And, if you’re doing this somewhere like a bar or party, you’ve probably sat and chatted so long that the night ends and you lose your chance altogether!
So, one way to turn the whole getting someone’s number process into a bit more of a game that’s less stressful, just bet on it with your friends.
Say “I bet you $10 I can get that woman’s phone number” or whatever you feel like betting, and just have fun and try your best.
Just remember to be polite and a gentleman!
6. “By The End Of The Night” Bets
This is another classic that I saw a lot of during my time in college.
If you have a friend who is notorious for something, one fun bet idea is to have everyone bet on if they end up doing that thing by the end of the night or not.
This could be puking, calling an ex, getting in a fight, crying, or falling asleep at 10:00pm; you know your friend group better than I do but you get the gist of it.
The Best Forfeits For Losing A Bet
Alright, now that you know some good bets to make with friends, let’s talk about the potential forfeits the losing betters can go through.
Obviously, a lot of people just wager cash when they bet, but if you ask me, that’s boring.
Here are some potential punishments you can add to your list of bets to make with friends:
- Loser has to eat something.
- Loser has to drink something.
- Loser has to cook a meal for everyone.
- Loser has to clean the house.
- Loser has to do the dishes.
- Loser has to mow the lawn.
- Loser has to naked mile.
- Lose has to eat something spicy.
- Loser has to ask someone to dance (if you’re out at a bar)
- Loser has to tell their most embarrassing story.
- Loser has to buy everyone a round.
- Loser has to take a shot.
- Loser has to sing a song.
- Loser has to notch their eyebrow.
- Loser gets a five-star (basically a slap on the back.)
- Loser has to adopt a new facial hair style for a week (it can be silly.)
- Loser buys a six pack of beer.
- Loser has to be the butler for the day.
- Loser gets pelted with a tennis ball or other ball.
- Loser has to buy the other person lunch.
- Loser has to give the other person a massage (this is a great bet to make with your boyfriend)
These are just some bet punishment ideas for the loser, but of course, you can get even more creative.
Just be sure to choose realistic forfeits and don’t do anything too extreme!
Extra Reading – 20+ Best Bet Ideas For Couples (Fun & Flirty Bets!).
I hope this list of the best bets to make with friends helps you and your group come up with some fun bet ideas and forfeits.
Honestly, betting has been around for thousands of years, and even people in Ancient Egypt would play dice games to pass the time.
There’s just something exhilarating and fun about placing bets with your friends, and a little friendly wager can lead to a night of incredible fun.
Just remember to lose and win graciously and to not leave anyone feeling too down in the dumps at the end of the night.
If you have some other fun bets to make with friends, we’d love to hear your ideas in the comments!
Looking for more fun game ideas with friends? Checkout: